Before we start looking, I will:
- Explain the details of the purchase agreement and give you a copy for your review
- Estimate, in writing, the expenses you will incur so there will not be any surprises
- Arrange an appointment with a mortgage representative to pre-qualify and determine the amount of mortgage you can obtain and explain all financing options, fixed mortgage vs. adjustable and 15 vs. 30 year mortgages
- Discuss and explain the Multiple Listing System, e-mail, etc.
- Discuss architectural style, location, schools and special features that you desire in your new home
As a buyer’s agent, I will:
- Be ethically and legally required to act in your best interest in helping you negotiate your purchase.
- Explain all paperwork necessary to purchase your home.
Prior to closing, I will:
- Assist in determining appropriate financing and help select the best financial institutions to obtain your mortgage
- Assist in obtaining a homeowners insurance policy
- Coordinate possession details and final utility readings
- When appropriate, meet the appraiser at the property and present any market data required
- Help arrange any necessary inspections in order to evaluate major elements of the home and review the report with you
- Inform you of the amount your cashier’s check will need to be at the time of closing
- And if needed, assist in obtaining a Power of Attorney